Operator may change this policy from time to time by updating this webpage. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with the any changes. This policy is effective from March 17th 2011.
What We Collect:
We may collect the following information
- Installing Our Products (Optional): Demographic Information
- Recommendation Script (Optional): Name, country, city, email, date of birth, Facebook user ID, recommendation preferences and sign in quantity.
- Server Logs & Page Tags: Computer information, Internet Connection Information as obtained through server access logs and Google analytics, user preferences
How We Collect Data:
At the following points of interaction with you, information may be collected:
- When you access our website ("Server Logs & Page Tags")
- When you install our software products ("Installing Our Products")
- When you recommend our software to friends using our automated script ("Recommendation Script")
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- Information collected by our installer application for our software products e.g. Chit Chat for Facebook and Emoinstaller is used by RelevantKnowledge (TMRG, Inc).
- Recommending with our Facebook sharing script is optional. If you do not wish to share your personally identifiable information with us please do not use this web application.
- Entering demographic information into our installer is optional. If you do not wish to share your information with us then please do not do so.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Remove Personal Information"
What We Do With Information Gathered:
We require this information in order to understand your needs and to provide you with a better service. In particular we use information in the following ways:
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
We may sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties mentioned in our installer application, moreover, upon request we will share your information to law authorities. Your data may be aggregated and sent to third parties in non-personally identifiable aggregate form.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Athena IT Limited, 3, Oakapple Close, Wanborough, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN4 0EW, England, United Kingdom with a stamped address envelope.If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us (email@example.com) as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.